Thursday, May 6, 2010

One mile!

I ran one mile! Or, jogged as fast as I could. Or plodded, rather. 200 pounds is hard to get moving fast.

The hardest part was the first quarter mile, for two reasons. I didn't have the momentum on the first quarter mile that I had the last quarter mile. The second reason? Just as I started running, there were two very fit, good-looking people strolling ahead of me. I kept thinking to myself, great, now they're going to laugh at me, my butt is jiggling all over the place, I bet my face is already beet red, and other undermining thoughts. Then I thought to myself, I'm an adult! Who cares what other people think??? I'm doing this for myself, and I should be commended for exercising, even though I may not be pretty while doing it. So I persevered and they started running, and they never saw my flopping fat. Problem solved in two ways, by reframing my negative thoughts and they left anyone.

So, first mile completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment