Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Back in the (Bike) Saddle, Again

     Cycling seems to be a sport that is easily picked up after not doing it for a while. You never forget how to ride a bike, right? I'm very lucky that my town is fairly flat. In fact, most of my state is flat. I'm hoping that the 15 mile bike portion is on a fairly flat surface. I will be going to check it out in the next month.

     I have a crazy, enormous beach cruiser for a bike. I hate hunching forward, so I invested in an upright 18 speed bike from one of our local bike shops. It's a LIV Cypress DX W. It has nice fat tires, a nice big seat, and I can sit upright. I'm sure this is not the bike I'm going to be racing on, but it's a nice bike to regain my cycling balance. I've been biking in 3 mile bursts, to and from my parents' house. (My mother had a knee replacement and I'm making breakfast for both parents until she's up and walking.) I hope to start taking longer rides when the kids go back to school after spring break.

Remember, always wear a helmet. I see so many parents who enforce helmets for their kids, but refuse to wear one. It's stupid, hypocritical, and can lead to brain injury. Just fix your hair when you get to your destination. No one cares, anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment