Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good News, Bad News

I'll give the good news first. I ran 1.5 miles today! Or, more impressively, 2.41 kilometers! And Noah didn't wake up when I got out of bed, and even slept for an hour after I got out of bed. I think it's hit or miss as to whether he's going to freak out. If he had a restless night where he nurses a lot, his belly is fuller so he's not as aware and wanting to nurse around 6:30ish. If he had a good night and only nursed once or twice, his belly is empty and so he wants me around until he's up around 7:30. So I can't win for losing when it comes the mornings. Either it's a good night, bad morning, or a bad night and good morning.

The bad news: I had my annual physical with my GP yesterday and my fasting blood sugar was pretty high. Not quite in diabetes range, but close enough that I'm freaking out about it. So I think I have to go back to eating primally, i.e. protein, vegetables, fruit and nuts. No sugar, low carbs. Ugh. I have to make this commitment so I stay healthy for all my boys (Craig and N squared). However, sugar is yummy. Really yummy, especially when I'm the baker. But, I want to keep my legs attached to my body and my vision, so I have to eat better. Luckily I've already started the exercise portion of blood sugar normalization.

Tomorrow is either swimming or biking. We'll see!

1 comment: