Monday, June 21, 2010

The secret to exercise? Getting up at 6am.

As the title says, I've decided to start getting up at 6am to get my exercise in. Even then, Noah is having problems if I am gone. Since we sleep in a family bed, he knows when I leave it, and this morning I got back from my run only to hearing heartfelt wailing coming from the bedroom. He won't be soothed by anyone but me, hence I can't go to the gym and leave him in the daycare yet. So I hope I can ease out of bed and get a run, ride or swim in before he wakes up.

I'm now able to run a mile without stopping, which is a victory itself. I realize that I have to run two more miles, plus have bike and swum before it, but I am now confident I can do it.

I am a competitive person, although sometimes I forget that. My friend Stephanie did her first triathlon a couple of weeks ago. That has spurred my competitive nature. Why can't I do one, too? I can! So I will. I am still having problem with my right lower leg. I don't think it's an achilles tendon, it feel more like a middle calf muscle, if that makes sense.

I've also started swimming laps in my pool, although it is so short that I take 5 strokes and I have to turn around again! I can't wait to get up to the cape so I can do open water swimming in the ponds and do a longer distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment