Friday, April 23, 2010

T-Minus Six Months!!!

Eek! Only 6 months to go! I have had many steps back this week, which is why I haven't posted. I was surprised by AF a week early, then today I had another migraine! Fun! At least I was able to function through it today.

Summer has lent me a jogging stroller (thanks!), but I haven't gotten a chance to break it in yet. I'm hoping to start on Sunday, or maybe tomorrow, if I can get some time to myself. Our pool is at 69 degrees, still pretty cold to actually swim.

I've also given up wheat and sugar again. I'm doing a modified "yeast" diet for at least 10 days. The yeast diet is geared to killing an overgrowth of Candida in the gut. It involves cutting out all sugars, including fruit, white flour and vinegar. I did this back in the 90s, and I felt great. Weight just fell off me. It is really hard, though, to give up all sugar. It calls to me! I figured out a dessert, though, coconut milk, unsweetened cocoa powder and a dash of vanilla. It was really satisfying.

This is becoming real. 6 months to go! I will compete, complete and conquer this triathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment