Friday, May 20, 2011

The Aging Body

I know I keep going on about turning 40 in November. I don't know why this is such a big deal for me, as I still feel like an awkward teenager on the inside. It must be because my body is failing me more often an more quickly than before.

I used to be able to jump out of bed and be raring to go! Now, I get out of bed gingerly and shuffle around until my creaky bones loosen up enough to stride. And this morning I gave a nice stretch and promptly pulled a muscle in my neck. Grand. I get started running again, thinking about how I'm going to exercise today and now I can't turn my head. Luckily my chiropractor had an appointment this morning, so I'm off to her.

What's the point of this post? To kvetch and to realize that even though my body is more delicate than before, it is still strong and I will do this triathlon. Oh yes, I will.

2 comments:

  1. Get lean and mean and I promise you won't feel like this. I am younger now by decades than I was 2 years ago! Seriously, Ruth, I feel so much better! I was an aching mess of bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi, you give me hope, but I still feel very pulled by my boys.

    ReplyDelete