Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gathering Tools

I downloaded a Couch to 5k program for my iPhone, to help with the running part. It's a nine week program, which I desperately need. I can do a mile, but more than that? I'm not sure... I'm going to wait until I get up to Cape Cod to start the program for a couple of reasons.

1. It is so FREAKING hot and humid here. Last week was beautiful - no humidity, in the 70s, and suddenly, BAM! Back into the normal weather pattern. Ugh. We tried to eat dinner outside tonight and had to turn on the outside fan to keep from sweating during dinner (Cheeseburgers, green beans, corn, baked beans and a blueberry peach cobbler made with a fraction of this morning's u-pick!)

2. I'll be a single mother for a week while Craig goes up to his cousin's wedding. I can't leave the kids alone in the house and I'm not going to buy a jogging stroller.

3. I'll be on the Cape for 10 weeks, so this is a nice goal to have while I spend the summer in paradise.

I'll work on my swimming while the kids are asleep, but the pool is frigid even though it's allegedly 76. I'm being very conscious of my language - I started out typing "I'll try working on my swimming..." I will by positive in all aspects of my training - physically and mentally!

No comments:

Post a Comment