Friday, June 10, 2011

Permission to Heal

My left achilles tendon is killing me. Yesterday, Thursday, I woke up to the cool Cape air and wriggled into my new Vibrams, intent on continuing my C25K program. I took about two steps and realized that my left achilles tendon couldn't take running. It really needs to heal. I worry that the nice British lady on the C25K app will suddenly turn into Dolores Umbridge and start yelling at me because I need to take some time off.

Instead, I've immersed myself in Cape activities. Going to story time at the Library (hi, Zoe!), swimming at Princess, going to the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, playing at the Lifecourse playground with my boys and eating at Sundae School. Twice. (Shark's tooth has to be the BEST FLAVOR EVER - black raspberry with white chocolate chips. YUM.)

We did the Lifecourse truly barefoot, and I think I will attempt to run that come Monday when my parents come back and can help with the boys. For now, I'm going to the chiropractor, icing, and putting arnica gel on my heel. Hopefully I'll be better by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment