Monday, June 6, 2011

Research Time Again

I just read two books to learn new techniques. The Barefoot Running Book by Jason Robillard and Triathlon 101 by John Mora. (I read the first edition by Mora - I have no idea how it's been updated).

I've decided not to be a true barefoot runner at this point. I'm going to stick with my Vibrams and be a "minimalist" runner instead. I think I'm too chicken to run barefoot, but I might try it at the Lifecourse on the Cape. I went for a walk barefoot near my house, and boy howdy is the asphalt uncomfortable! Both super hot and rough. I am planning on running the tri in the Vibrams, so I have to practice putting them on wet!

What I gleaned from the second book is that I really need to practice my transitions from swimming to cycling and cycling to running. When I get to the Cape I will have to start doing two sports a day, to work on building up endurance. I'm thinking about getting a little shammy for the post swimming transition. I also looked through my clothes last night I have all the clothes I need - I found some bike shorts and two different biking shirts (complete with pockets for sports gel). I'll have to play around with the shirt, but I plan on swimming in my Enell bra and a swim bottom, them throwing on the shorts, shirt and vibrams.

I took two days off the heal my achilles tendon - it feels much better and I'll be up and out early tomorrow to run...

1 comment:

  1. Forget the sports gel, let's eat these:
    http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_shot_bloks/ My friend Tim has them for mountain biking, and he says they are deeeelish!

    ReplyDelete