Monday, March 29, 2010

Calf woes

Both calf muscles now feel pulled and uncomfortable. I've been doing most of my walking with Noah on my back in my Ergo, although I was solo when I pulled my right calf muscle. I tend to supinate (roll on to the outside of my feet) and my old sneakers aren't helping matters. Noah's extra weight exacerbates the supination. My errand for Tuesday morning is to go to Lloyd Clarke Sports and get a new pair of sneaks. I guess the calf strain is a reminder to take a break, but it's tough because I don't want to lose momentum! I'll do some ellipitcal at home tomorrow, which shouldn't be too strenuous.

On a positive note, I found an iPhone tabata app! Yay! I loaded it tonight, will try it tomorrow.

I walked to the pediatrician this morning for Noah's 15 month visit (he's splendid) for 1.4 miles roundtrip. I also did a wall sit tabata. My thighs feel more solid and less jiggly after only one week of exercise. Noah's doc also said we could try the gym daycare (we've been avoiding it due to Noah's recurrent ear infections). I would love to start lifting again.

Part of my reason to do a blog is to keep a diary of my training and keep me accountable to people who read this. I apologize if my posts aren't scintillating every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment