Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Six, er, SEVEN months to go!

So it turns out that I miscounted. There are actually seven months to the triathlon on October 23. I can count this first month training as my banish the couch potato month, before I start a structured training program.

Today Noah and I had a hike in UF's nature area behind the Museum. I used my new Pathtracker app, but there are some bugs with it, so I am disappointed. It will accurately gauge the distance, but only if I don't interrupt it, for example with phone calls. And I can't block my phone calls without turning off the GPS. So I think, but I'm not entirely sure, that I walked around 1.5 miles again. I also did all the stairs available: the set behind the museum, and the three sets in the parking garage, around 200 total. That's 198 stairs more than on a usual day! All this wearing my 25 pound bunny. Plus I got to learn about Florida's pine uplands and visit the butterfly exhibit.

If you haven't done the nature walk, I recommend it. There is a boardwalk and other trails. You can access it to the left of the museum entrance. Did great with food again today. I weighed myself. I will keep the number to myself, but I am disappointed. I am well over the weight for Athena category. I will be stronger and more fit by the time October 23 rolls around. I will!

1 comment: