Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

I love Gainesville in the spring! So many blossoming trees and flowers! I went for a brisk 2.6 mile walk with my dog, Mollie, this afternoon. Noah was home asleep (Craig stayed home today) so I was able to go at a faster pace, 3.5 miles an hour. 25 extra pounds does make a difference! Walking is so peaceful, I don't use my ipod during a walk. Instead, I listen to the bees, birds and breeze. I focused on my breathing for this walk, trying to breathe through my nose. I have a tendency to breathe through my mouth, which I think is inefficient. I am also working on a breathing pace, though I wasn't as successful with that today.

I also did a plank tabata, but only lasted 4 planks of 20 seconds. I literally couldn't lift my body after the fourth. I need to work on my abs!

1 comment:

  1. That's funny, I would have spelled Mollie's name "Molly."

    Ruth, if you can't breath through your nose well, just breath through your mouth. You could have blockages in your nose that prevent you from breathing efficiently. I do and could never do nose breathing like the gym teachers said to do.

    ReplyDelete