Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pathtracker worked!

No one called while I walked with Noah today! I was able to track both my distance and my pace. 1.8 miles at 2.8 miles an hour. Since the running section of the triathlon is 2.8 miles, I figure by October I'll definitely be faster than 2.8 miles an hour. Nathan, Noah and I also took our afternoon walk to the playground, and I discovered it was a half mile there! So another mile walked today. And on a side note, I have no idea where Nathan gets his boundless energy. The kid is never tired!! Ever. Even after walking, playing, punching on the punching bag, he keeps going. I need to catch some of that.

I need to figure out a good eating plan. Giving up carbs is great, but I need to eat in a way that stays off sugar cravings. Tips appreciated.

I'm thankful for the exercise. Noah has been waking up at least every 30-45 minutes to nurse the past two nights, so the exercise is keeping me awake. For now. I'm hoping he cuts his teeth soon. I think that's the problem.

1 comment:

  1. I found that after going grain-free the sugar cravings intensified for a few weeks, then really pretty much went away. (I wasn't breastfeeding, and I was also getting more sleep than you. Both of those may affect it.) I also take l-glutamine (on days I either weight train or fast, to build/maintain muscle) and I've heard that 500-1500mg under the tongue will alleviate a sugar craving in about 20 minutes. I haven't taken it for that purpose, but maybe it has something to do with mine (mostly, except for a day or two every month) going away, as I take it pretty regularly... Worth googling? (along with its safety while nursing, which I no longer have to consider)

    ReplyDelete