Sunday, March 21, 2010

Research time!

I love to research my new passions. I picked up a copy of Triathloning for Ordinary Mortals by Steven Jonas, M.D. from the library, natch. I'm not going to invest in a book unless I think it is worth it! I found this book from a suggestion from my friend Marci. She suggested Running for Ordinary Mortals. Although the library didn't have the latter book, they had the triathlon book, which was even more perfect! I've also found a couple of websites, including one focused on gear especially for the plus sized triathlete. Or, as we are classified, Athena triathletes. (Any women over 150 pounds. The poor plus sized men are Clydesdales.)

I will also be checking out High Intensity Interval Training, suggested by Naomi in the comments for day two. Thanks for the tips! I will incorporate HIIT into my training regimen as I find a good example, most likely in the next week.

As for today's training, we took a family walk to the library, 1.5 miles roundtrip. I wore Noah on my back, adding an extra 23 pounds. I most impressed with Nathan who walked cheerfully the entire way!

2 comments:

  1. Well that settles it. I will never be a triathlete because I am not going for being called "plus sized"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi, I know. It sucks that women are classified in two categories. Maybe more medals are given out? I suppose you can choose to be in the Athena category or not, especially since you don't look like you weigh more than 150. I suppose it's voluntary.

    ReplyDelete